[GRASS-user] Advice on importing V5 data sets?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jun 24 14:21:47 PDT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 10:06 AM brendon wolff-piggott
<mytekmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, thought I had answered yesterday. It is both vector and raster. Created in GRASS 5.1 (not sure of .x number).

I finally found back this page and updated the links therein:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Upgrading_GRASS_database

It contains:
Upgrading the GRASS database from older to recent GRASS versions
1.1 Migrating from GRASS 4 to GRASS 5
1.2 Migrating from GRASS 4 to GRASS 6
1.3 Migrating from GRASS 5 to GRASS 6
1.4 Migrating from GRASS 6 to GRASS 7

> I would like to import the data into PostGIS, so I can access it in GRASS or QGIS.

That should be doable, since conversion tools are included.

> I have quite a lot of the original shape files that I could import again, but not the raster data and DEMs created from it.

I would expect that the raster maps from GRASS GIS 5 can be opened in
any later version without problems.
If not, please send the error message.

Markus

--