[GRASS-user] Building grass version grass-7.8.5

Stephen Kirby thinjogger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:06:45 PDT 2021

Hi,

I am trying to build the version of GRASS listed in the subject line.
However, when I run configure, it does not produce a "Makefile" even though
configure appears to complete without error.  The closest thing I see to a
Makefile is this file:  include/Make/Platform.make.  I am not running
configure in the source code directory as one is always told this is a bad
idea (for ex., when building gcc).  I am running configure in a separate
directory ("/build-grass").  Let me know what I should try next as I am
excited to get GRASS running!

Best regards,
Steve