[GRASS-user] Building grass version grass-7.8.5

Stephen Kirby thinjogger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:13:18 PDT 2021

Thanks Veronica for that good information.  I've made some progress by
ensuring I had the libs it needs ready (GDAL, etc.).  Now it is giving me a
Python error :

 File
"/home/me/grass/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/etc/python/grass/script/core.py",
line 305,
**options,
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I am not a Python user so this is throwing me.  I assume I need to install
a Python (Python3?) module, via "pip install ..." I suppose.  Can someone
tell me which module can fix this?

For reference, the whole Python block of code containing the offending
line, from core.py is:
def make_command(
 prog,
 flags="",