[GRASS-user] GUI/Addons

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu May 6 01:36:28 PDT 2021

Hi Cyril,

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 9:51 AM Cyril Gainon <Gainon.Cyril at hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This is my first time using a mailing list so i hope it would be a great experience.
> Since my second day using grass evrything is a nightmare to use ... There is always something wrong.
>
> I/Grass -gui
> So i cant use the gui interface because i don't have wxPython:
>
> Démarrage du SIG GRASS ...
> ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named 'wx'
> You can still use GRASS GIS modules in the command line or in Python.

Which Linux distribution are you using?

I have started to create a FAQ entry in the Wiki (@all, please expand
as needed):

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ERROR:_wxGUI_requires_wxPython

> And when i try to install it via sudo apt-get install wxPython

This looks like Debian, Mint, Ubuntu...: it might be:

sudo apt-get install python3-wxgtk4.0

Please see the new FAQ page for names, depending on the Linux
distribution in use.

> 'python-wxWidgets-3_0' fournissant 'wxPython' est déjà installé.
> Résolution des dépendances des paquets...
> Rien à faire.
>
> So it says i have already wxPython. With that i just dont know what to do.

In Debian, the name seems to be

sudo apt-get install python-wxgtk3.0

> II/Addons
> Since i can't get the graphical interface working i was resolved to use the text interface.
>
> when i try to use g.extension extension=r.neighboorhoodmatrix i get:
>
> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld : /usr/lib64/libgdal.so.28 : référence indéfinie vers « opj_encoder_set_extra_options »

Is this a different computer? Here "suse" appears...

Nonetheless: this is an OpenJPEG library conflict. Means: your GDAL
installation and OpenJPEG version are somehow in conflict. Perhaps
SuSe and Debian/Ubuntu sources are mixed (in case you report all about
the same computer)?

> For information when i still had the interface i had the svn pb when trying to install an addon. i did resolve it by installing grass-dev and make an update since then it's note working.
> Also i'm working on Opensuse 15.2 and grass 7.8

Is this a different computer than that mentioned in the beginning of your email?

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler, PhD