[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats error: "Unable to seek"

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 19 08:09:30 PDT 2021

Hi

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 10:16 AM Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
<luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> I tried compiling GRASS with the -ftrapv flag, but it was failing (can't remember now why).

Just post the error message when you come back to this.

> I was also supposed to create a replicating procedure, but other things came up in the meantime. However, it looks like for rasters larger than a certain size none of the modules depending on v.to.rast function correctly.

GRASS GIS 7 supports the off_t type, hence it can address an enormous
amount of raster data (like 1e+18 pixels or more), see
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Performance#Large_raster_data_processing

Bugs and limitations are always possible but there is interest in
fixing them wherever possible.

> I will try to have a look again at an agnostic replication procedure.

Alright.

Best
Markus