[GRASS-user] Start grass, create new mapset

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Sep 22 06:20:29 PDT 2021

Le 22 septembre 2021 14:40:45 GMT+02:00, Rich Shepard
<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> a écrit :
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2021, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> IIUC, you do not want to create a new location, but just a new mapset
>> ?
>
> Moritz,
>
> That's correct.
>
>> If that is the case, just try with the -c flag to create it:
>> grass -c /data/grassdata/lon_lat/<mapset>
>> Then import your data.
>
> Thank you. I wondered if the -c (create) option would work for only a
> mapset
> since all examples create a new location.
>
> Should I add that example to the startup manual page for 8.0 dev?

That would be great !

I also see that the description of the -c flag itself only speaks about
locations, not mapsets. This should also be changed. Something in the
direction of:

"-c
Creates new GRASS unprojected location in specified GISDBASE"
[no idea why it says 'unprojected' must be long-term legacy]

should become

"-c
Creates new GRASS location or mapset respectively in specified GISDBASE
or location"
[if this is not too long]

Moritz