[GRASS-user] Using a script as a GRASS addon

Bernardo Santos bernardo_brandaum at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 1 04:59:57 PDT 2022

Dear all,
I have been following some forums and instructions from GRASS documentation to be able to write new GRASS addons - or what I call an addon, basically a python script that does what I want, and follow the same standards of published GRASS addons, with description of the addon and usage, parameters etc, followed be the script with procedures.
It seems to work, but I am not sure how I can test them as GRASS addons. Right now, to be able to run them I need to call python like this:
python r.ls.func_connectivity.py input=map1 output=map1_func_connect gap_crossing=60
Is there a way I can run that without needing to call python and to use the ".py" in the end of the script? Like a folder where I can place the files, or a way to build it as a formal GRASS addon. What I want is to be able to test it and use it (even if only locally for now) as
r.ls.func_connectivity input=map1 output=map1_func_connect gap_crossing=60

Is this documented somewhere?
Best wishes,Bernardo