[GRASS-user] Need help identifying missing wxgtk dependencies

Eric Patton eric.r.patton at protonmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:49:14 PDT 2022

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, August 11th, 2022 at 19:29, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Please check if you have by chance PROJ libraries twice on your system
> (maybe a leftover from a local compilation vs distro packages.
>
> sudo updatedb
> locate libproj
>
> may be of help here. Also check the output of
>
> ldd $(which g.region)
>
> for anything suspicious.

Hi Markus,

Indeed, it looks like a did have multiple projlibs installed - thanks.

> > Launching g.gui gives a popup window that says "Unable to get geographic extent. Force quitting wxGUI. Please manually run g.region to fix the problem."
> >
> > On the terminal, this was printed after launhcing g.gui:
> >
> > > g.gui
> > > Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
> > > wxdigit.py: Could not load grass_gis.8.3.
> > > wxnviz.py: Could not load grass_gis.8.3.
>

> Please check (with locate, see above) if the library is on your system.

I still seem to have the wxdigit error, though.

wxdigit.py:

> locate wxdigit.py
/usr/local/grass/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/vdigit/wxdigit.py
/usr/local/grass/gui/wxpython/vdigit/wxdigit.py
/usr/local/grass83/gui/wxpython/vdigit/wxdigit.py

wxnviz.py:

> locate wxdigit.py
/usr/local/grass/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gui/wxpython/vdigit/wxdigit.py
/usr/local/grass/gui/wxpython/vdigit/wxdigit.py
/usr/local/grass83/gui/wxpython/vdigit/wxdigit.py

> > Additionally, I wanted to ask if we have a searchable Grass mailing list site? The mailman site is kind of useless for trying to search old messages.
>

> I want that, too :-)
> For the time being, here is a 3rd party search interface
> https://marc.info/?l=grass-user&r=1&w=2
>
> Markus

Thanks so much for this site, I had no idea it existed!

~ Eric.