[GRASS-user] GRASS: Permission denied

Wolfgang Kresse kresse at hs-nb.de
Sun May 22 20:52:44 PDT 2022

Hi,

I am new to GRASS, but I apply it for giving a course for practitioners
in Peru.

Problem:
Permission denied after start of GRASS

Actions:
I did the installation with my user account (kresse). Right after the
installation, GRASS worked fine. But after logoff and login I got this
error message after start:

"C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 8.0\extrabin\python3.exe: can't open file
'C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 8.0\etc\grass80.py': [Errno 13] Permission
denied"

I got the same error message when I logged in as admin.

The only work-around that I found was a reinstallation with admin rights
and then run the program with admin, too. The forums in the Internet
gave indications to the bug.

What shall I do?

Remark: I scanned through the "grass-user Archives" back to January
2020, however with no success.

With best regards
Wolfgang

Neubrandenburg University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Landscape Sciences and Geomatics
Brodaer Strasse 2
17033 Neubrandenburg
Germany

Tel.  +49 (0) 395 5693 4865 or 4002