[GRASS-user] r.sun - beam irradiance issues in mountain area with a high relief energy

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Mar 11 07:54:21 PST 2023

Hi Anna,

>This could be potentially a problem described in https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/2534.
>Could you try to run this with the changes in the PR?

I hopefully correctly applied this PR now here locally in my winGRASS. ;-)

DEM: Airborne Laser Scan 1 x 1 m

projection: 99 (MGI / Austria GK West)
zone:       0
datum:      hermannskogel
ellipsoid:  bessel
north:      218281.5
south:      204874.5
west:       49389.5
east:       62610.5
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       13407
cols:       13221
cells:      177253947

*patched r.sun*
r.sun elevation=laser_dgm at data aspect=laser_dgm_aspect at data slope=laser_dgm_slope at data horizon_basename=horangle horizon_step=30 beam_rad=beam_rad_166 day=166
Number of threads <1>
Mode 2: integrated daily irradiation for a given day of the year
Using Linke constant: 3.000000
Using albedo constant: 0.200000
Using slope map <laser_dgm_slope at data>
Using aspect map <laser_dgm_aspect at data>

*elevation - computional region

https://pasteboard.co/g82fQtvdcbeE.png

*aspect - computional region

https://pasteboard.co/jV36f8fb1xoY.png

*beam irr 166  - computional region

https://pasteboard.co/no7YUTqNtEPg.jpg

*aspect zoom to the high altitudinal south oriented mountain face with a high slope gradient and high local geomorphological variability

https://pasteboard.co/u10fbgnUU4nX.png

*slope zoomed to the high altitudinal south oriented mountain face with a high slope gradient and high local geomorphological variability

https://pasteboard.co/5FeilT6qRj7t.png

*slope zoomed only 50-90 degrees on the high altitudinal south oriented mountain face with a high slope gradient and high local geomorphological variability

https://pasteboard.co/ssmNEUWyagYe.png

*beam irr 166 zoom on the high altitudinal south oriented mountain face with a high slope gradient and high local geomorphological variability

https://pasteboard.co/PVSjFWy2qcOK.png

later on I'll post a screenshot of the not patched r.sun in 8.2.1

best
helli