[GRASSweb-list]Error from r.proj

Ray D Wright g3wzr at eidosnet.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 16:54:38 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me what to do to get around
an error from r.proj!
I am trying to reproject a raster file I created in a Polar
Stereographic location "EMEP" into a new Lambert conformal location.
I start up Grass5 in the new location and then try to use r.proj - see
below - to re-project the old raster file in the new projection, which
is Lambert conformal.

GRASS:/usr/local/grass5/data/EMEP > r.proj input=no2-2000 location=EMEP
cannot initialize pj
cause: elliptical usage required
ERROR: Can't get projection key values of input map
GRASS:/usr/local/grass5/data/EMEP >

The error message means nothing to me. Can anyone tell me what I should
try next?

Thanks,

Ray