[GRASSweb-list]Mirror Sites out of sync accusations

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Jul 5 16:59:07 EDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 05:24:25AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
[...]
> M> Look into the source code of that page, the contact addresses are
> M> stored as comment inside.
>
> See, if they were visible I would have seen all along it was
> Mr. Veevee  and CC'd him.  You see, most GIS people know each other
> originally.  No wonder your mirrors keep getting sick.  Users can't
> tell that the mirror maintainer might even just be a few offices down
> the hall from them!

Think of privacy:
So far I have no permission to advertise their names, phone numbers and
email addresses. Even the commented inclusion of the names and email
addresses is a sort of inofficial. If someone would ask all mirror
maintainers if they were willing to see their names there, we can do that.

BTW: I have written at least twice to all mirror site maintainers
to update their rsync procedure. Several of them didn't respond.

Markus