[GRASSweb-list]How to install Grass 5.0 in Mac OS X 10.2.1?

Sergio Rocha rocha_sfr at bol.com.br
Tue Mar 4 02:43:01 EST 2003

Hi, I´m just trying to download Grass software to run it
on my Mac OS X 10.2.1., but I´m confuse on what files to
download. I´d seen the page
<http://grass.itc.it/download.html#first> and downloaded
the file "GRASS 5.0.x precompiled Binaries: Linux,
MacOSX, MS-Windows ...". So, I´d installed the *.tar
file in my "applications" directory. Inside this there
is a "read me" text asking to  see the "Install" file
for installation instructions, but there is no
one "install" file in the *.tar I´d just downloaded.
But how to run the Grass software now? Do I have to
download any other file to run it?
Please, can you provide me with one easy step-by-step
tutorial explaining what files to download and how to
install then in my Mac? Please, I´m not familiar with
programing computers and I´m just learning to use this
Mac.
Thank you!
Sincerelly,
Sérgio Rocha
Federal University of Santa Catarina
Brazil

E-mail Premium BOL
Antivírus, anti-spam e até 100 MB de espaço. Assine já!
http://email.bol.com.br/