[GRASSweb-list]About Mirror Site

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Sep 23 03:31:19 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:00:28PM +0800, veevee wrote:
> Hi!
>
>    I am from Academia Sinica Computing Centre,Taiwan.
>
>    We have hosted Grass Mirror Site for couples of year in Taiwan.
>    Out mirror site's url is http://grass.cis.sinica.edu.tw
>    But we were denied by the mirror server recently. I have known the
>    new policy for mirroring.
>    Do you have any suggestion for ours to rebuild the mirror site in Taiwan?
>
>    Thanks for any help!

As explained in the message below and some personal mails:

> >Message: Welcome to ITC-Irst, Trento, Italy! This is the GRASS GIS web
> >site: http://grass.itc.it The 'rsync' access is only granted to known
> >hosts. Others may use the tier-1 mirrors, see:
> >http://grass.itc.it/grass.mirrors.html for details. @ERROR: access denied
> >to grass from ftp1.sinica.edu.tw (140.109.13.43) rsync error: partial
> >transfer (code 23) at io.c(144)

Unless you provide yourself rsync access for other mirrors (then you
get access granted here at grass.itc.it), you have to sync
from the tier-1 mirrors:

    * rsync://ibiblio.org/grass/ (tier 1 mirror)
    * rsync://rsync.planetmirror.com/grass/ (tier 1 mirror)
    * rsync://hgeo02.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/ (tier 1 mirror)

as listed on
http://grass.itc.it/grass.mirrors.html

Happy mirroring,

 Markus