[GRASSweb-list]Re: GRASS Turkey mirror

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 19 10:48:21 EST 2004

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I am going to set up a TURKEY mirror site for the GRASS on
> behalf of ITU Informatics Institute and ITU Department of
> Geodesy and Photogrammetry.
>
> Although there are some GRASS users in Turkey, there is
> no mirror site in Turkey as I see in http://grass.itc.it/grass.mirrors.html
> So, I hope the number of users in Turkey will increase soon. I would like
> to make presentations  to make people know and use GRASS widely.

Thanks for the initiative.
The GRASS community will appreciate your efforts.

> I would like to ask some questions about setting up the GRASS mirror.
>
> 1. What is the required disk usage for the GRASS installation?

Currently around 650MB.

> 2. Can I use any other auto syncronization tool other than rsync because
> of the security issues?

There should be no security issue for you if you synchronize your site
with 'rsync' as you are only reading. There is no other option,
we consider 'rsync' to be secure when using the latest version.

> 3. Will you be able to answer my questions following the mirror
> installation?

What is the question? I have yesterday update the page
 http://grass.itc.it/grass.mirrors.html

> 4. Are there any restriction or rule to setup a mirror site other than
> given in
> http://grass.itc.it/grass.mirrors.html

No restrictions given.

Please notify us when the mirror site is running.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it