[GRASS-web] About some problem of some index.html files looks like auto-indexed..

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 25 02:20:28 PST 2014

Hi Stoney, Paweł,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM, 이춘석 <stoney at gntech.ac.kr> wrote:

> Hi! I'm Stoney.. the Korean mirror maintainer..
>
> Recently, I received a warning messages from the national cyber security
> agency about the auto-Indexed pages in the GRASS mirror sites, which could
> be a target of syberattack..

oh, this is of course not the scope (and rather a system setting somewhere
to find out).

I checked the directory to find out the following files looks like as
> auto-generated indexing files..
>
> the URLs of the issued pages are
>
>    http://pinus.gntech.ac.kr/grass/grass64/source/index.html
>
>    http://pinus.gntech.ac.kr/grass/grass70/binary/index.html

I believe that the files get generated in the httrack mirroring process.
The original pages do not have any
such pages.

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/source/
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/source/

and, yes, they get autogenerated by apache on the fly on the master server.

> Now, I deleted these files temporarily..
>
> but, worry these will be restored after tonight's mirroring..^^

In fact, that is likely.

> So I hope some permanent solutions like repaging not to resemble the
> auto-indexed pages, or renameing..< br />
> Is it possible?

Paweł, would it be possible to add to your mirror script to delete the
following index.html files:

http://grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/grass64/source/index.html
http://grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/grass65/source/index.html
http://grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/grass70/source/index.html
http://grass.meteo.uni.wroc.pl/grass71/source/index.html

... *if* they exist as being generated in your httrack run?

Then the problem should disappear.

thanks
Markus

--