[GRASS-web] Complete Beginner and non-technical learner needs assistance for student project

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 1 14:45:11 PST 2016

Dave,

the .prj contains the projection information which is good to have
(often this file is missing).

When you start GRASS GIS, you can follow this guide here:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/helptext.html

Under (4) Location Wizard =>> you reach a dialog which lets you create
a new location from a "georeferenced data file", the "something.shp"
file in your case. Then it will let you import it as well and you are
done.

Please let us know of things are unclear so that we can improve it.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler