[winGRASS] m.proj in batch mode without grass5 iin a dos window 2 questions?

Bob Sandefur rls at pincock.com
Tue Aug 14 15:12:31 EDT 2001

Hi-

 I was  tring to use m.proj to convert coordinates in batch mode from a dos window in
windoze XP. I couldn't get it to work (but I haven't tried very hard b4 posting this) the following
script works in a cygwin window:

#mproj.ksh
export GISBASE=c:/usr/local/grass5
export GISDBASE=d:/grassDB
export MAPSET=rls
export LOCATION_NAME=test1
export GRASS_GUI=text

cat >jnk <<^
GISDBASE: /grassDB
MAPSET: rls
LOCATION_NAME: test1
GRASS_GUI: text
^
export GISRC=jnk

cat >jnkmctl <<^
1
ll
utm
clark66
13

45N
105W

45:30:00N
105:30:35.34W

^
rm jnk.out
#mproj.exe is local copy of m.proj
mproj.exe <jnkmctl 2>jnk.out
exit

Questions:

1)  Any suggestions for getting the above script to work in a dos window with MKS toolkit?
2 ) I can't get m.proj to work for file input and file output (it gives inf for converted values.)
     Does m.proj under windows work for file input and file output for anyone?

thanx

Robert (Bob) L Sandefur
Principal Geostatistician
Pincock Allen & Holt (A Hart Crowser Company)
 International Minerals Consultants
 274 Union Suite 200
 Lakewood CO 80228
 USA