[winGRASS] m.proj in batch mode without grass5 iin a dos window 2 questions?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Aug 14 16:56:09 EDT 2001

Bob,

try proj 4.4.3 (http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/). This commandline
tool compiles under cygwin (and i think with MS C Compiler too).
It does datum shifts and allows printf style output formatting etc.

The proj library is what grass uses internally.

cu,

Andreas

Bob Sandefur wrote:

> hi and thanx to Andreas  for his  prompt reply-
>
> 1) cygwin works fine on XP (so far - I'm running it as I type) and
>    grass5 works in an cygwin window (don't know about
>    x windows yet) m.proj gives correct answers in interactive
>    mode (so far) but fails for me with input from a file.
>
> 2) I knew that m.proj was supposed to be only interactive (and this
>     always annoyed me as my work often involves multiple coordinate systems)
>     so isatty may work funny under cygwin or  XP.
>
> 3) I agree I am in unsupported terrritory in a dos shell with mks but in
>     many projects coordinate transforms are all I use from grass (Any
>    suggestions for other coordinate transform programs?)
>
> thanx
>
> bob
> Thread follows:

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net