[winGRASS] _XIO: Fatal IO Error 108 (The descriptor is a file not a socket) on Xserver (yada...)

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Sun Aug 19 04:33:57 EDT 2001

Hi Ian.

> I know it's related to a Winsock 2.0
> call according to information from Corinna Vinschen.

I haven't tried Corinna's fix yet, I believ that it will be in the next dev
snapshot of cygwin1.dll

> Does anyone have a true fix, or know where I can find one?

This is fixed (worked around) in the Grass CVS - you probably should
download the source and rebuild the XDriver and libgis.a.  I can also send
you the latest binaries if you want them for these two.

Cheers

Mike Thomas