[winGRASS] Terminal Error

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Aug 22 04:49:17 EDT 2001

Hi Taravudh,

this is a problem of your XFree86 installation for xterm IMHO.

A quick fix is to type
export TERM=vt100
before you start grass5.

I have currently the same problem and will look if i find a solution.

Does someone know what the correct terminal for the xterm under cygwin
is?

Andreas

Taravudh Tipdecho wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> According to instruction, I installed Cygwin/XFree86 running on
> Windows2000. Anyway, it was a problem from displaying which was "Error
> opening terminal:xterm. Invalid resource file, removing
> /home/taravudh/.grassrc5.  This dialog is come after Grass welcome
> message.
>
> Could you please give me some hints?
>
> Thanks.
> Taravudh Tipdecho

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net