[winGRASS] Terminal Error

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 23 21:27:05 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've finally upgraded Cygwin, Xfree86 and Grass for the first time since
April.  I had the same error message that Taravudh reported.

To fix this:  Look in /usr/lib/terminfo/x  to see what the xterm* options
are.

I tried xterm-xf86-v40 and it seems to be working.  Use
'TERM=xterm-xf86-v40'.  I don't think that this is the best solution since
g.list reports 'WARNING: Terminal is not fully functional', even though it
seems to work.  We might need to experiment with the choices a bit more.

tcltkgrass operates strangely but I think that's because of twm.  I think
I'll also check around for another window manager for Cygwin/XFree86.
Perhaps LessTif mwm?

In the meantime, try the above to get the monitors working.  Let the list
know if you find an xterm terminal definition that doesn't result in
warnings. ;)

Malcolm