[winGRASS] error opening terminal: xterm

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Aug 23 06:45:25 EDT 2001

Hi Bo,

please read the message i wrote yesterday for the same problem!

type
export TERM=vt100
before you type grass5 to start grass.

You need another bat file to start with the Starwin server.
Look for this file somewhere in the sources.

A better startup script is in the works.

cu,

Andreas

Bo Zhu wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am using a Pentium PC with Cygwin and XFREE86 with
> GRASS5.
>
> When I open Grass in XWin, the error message "Error
> opening terminal: xterm" appears.  I'm not sure what
> the problem is.  However, I can open Grass on cygwin,
> the text-only version.
>
> I have also tried Starnet's XWin32 5.1.  But it
> wouldn't open.  When I clicked "Show message", it
> said,
> "-screen 0 1024x768x16 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0:
> invalid session"
>
> I would the GUI interface for Grass.  Can anyone help?
>
> -Bo Zhu

> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net