[winGRASS] cygwin setup

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Sat May 19 13:31:28 EDT 2001

To winGRASS list,

I can't remember if I told this to you before, so please disregard if this
is a repeat.  The cygwin install process is slightly flawed.  For instance,
the setup.exe will continue to install the old rc4 postgresql tar.gz and not
the latest one.   This might explain why others have had problems with
the latest cygwin1.dll

I have been installing cygwin on new machines using a CD-Rom copy
of the cygwin executables.  It has many revisions of the gzip files going
back into 2000.   Once I cleaned up and removed the older versions
six of the files were updated.  If you have the postgresql-7.1rc4-2.tar.gz
on your disk, remove it first before running the setup.

John Huddleston