[winGRASS] libG11

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Oct 5 04:03:50 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn,

Glynn Clements wrote:

> BTW, has anyone tried MI/X? It's not as nice as XWin-32, eXceed etc,
> but it doesn't have the "nag-ware" limitations.

The MI/X Server is IMHO of the stdin/stdout type of X11R5, so it is not
compatible with the XFree86 X11R6 libraries. I tested some time ago (as
i have the MI/X server from TNT mips installation), but it just crashed.

It could be interesting to test other available X Servers, i remember e.
g. that there is a java-only Server. There are some links in the
installing documentation for the windows grass port.

cu,

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net