[winGRASS] pre2 for cygwin

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Sep 17 13:02:29 EDT 2001

Dear winGRASS friends,

i have prepared a build of GRASS5 pre2 for the actual cygwin
environment. I have built the distribution with cygwin 1.3.3-2. Except
for NVIZ all modules and parts are included, even the PNGdriver compiled
after minor modifications. PostgreSQL and ODBC modules are included too,
but i never verified that the modules work.

The distribution should be available on the usual servers from end of
the week on.

Please note that this all is experimental and not very much tested.

I found a very annoying problem with all the imagery modules:
i.group depends on a file "GROUP" and a directory "group" in the same
directory, which fails on cygwin, as the file system is case-preserving,
but case-insensitive. So the imagery part of GRASS is currently not
functional on cygwin.
As i am not familiar with the code of the imagery lib, could someone
suggest how this can be fixed?

Please report any problems/bugs/errors etc. to this list,

Yours,

Andreas

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net