[winGRASS] Re: generic Windows GRASS driver

Mike Thomas miketh at brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Mon Sep 24 01:48:19 EDT 2001

Hi all.

> > > If you are at the same result, I think that to get the raster display
> > > working we need to concentrate on the colormap functions.
> >
> > I'm not so sure; the colourmap stuff shouldn't be relevant when
> > running on a non-paletted display.
>
> You may be right.  As I pointed out, it isn't always obvious what the
cause
> of some of these problems are.  At the very least, adding in colormap
> functions would allow clean compiles.  If these aren't likely to be used
in
> the grass X driver, we could simply use stubs.

For those not in on the update I sent to Markus et al on Friday, these are
the stubs I added to xlib.c (other stuff also added to headers):

/cygdrive/d/public/source/rxvt-2.7.2/W11/w32/xlib.c
./rxvt-2.7.2/W11/w32/xlib.c
108d107
<
111,114d109
<         if ( NULL ==  name ) {
<             name = "XOpenDisplay-noname";
<         }
<
1722c1717
<    printf("SetDIBitsfailed %d, %s\n",res,GetLastError());
---
>    printf("SetDIBitsfailed %d\n",res,GetLastError());
5048,5073d5042
< char * XDisplayName(char *n)
< {
<     static char *s = "libW11Display";
<     return ( s );
< }
< int XSetBackground(Display *dpy, GC gc, unsigned long background)
< {
<     xtrace("XSetBackground\n");
<     gc->values.background = background;
<     gc->dirty |= GCBackground;
<     return 0;
< }
< void XNoOp(Display *dpy)
< {
< }
< int XGetGCValues(Display *dpy, GC gc, unsigned long valuemask, XGCValues
*values)
< {
<     return ( 0 );
< }
<
< void XSetWindowColormap(Display *dpy, Window w, Colormap colormap)
< {
< }
< void XFreeColormap(Display *dpy, Colormap cmap)
< {
< }

> Once Mike has a chance to test his revisions, we can explore this further
> see where the data is being lost.  The display commands are being sent to
> the display server, but I didn't debug it further at the time (about that
> time the cygwin distribution was broken for grass purposes and I got side
> tracked.)

Cheers

Mike Thomas