[winGRASS] Please HELP me with Grass and Xserver

Rice, Brandon BRice at burnip.com
Tue Jan 15 10:05:04 EST 2002

I am new to Linux and Grass.  I have successfully installed cygwin on my
Win2000 machine at work.  I have successfully installed the Grass 5 package.
I have succesfully installed a sample database for Grass to work with.  I
have installed Xfree86 server and the Starnet demo.
    The problem is the fact that I can't get Grass 5 to run with an Xserver.
Whenever I try Xfree86 server I get an error message that says "server
error, cannot find font 'fixed' ".  My lack of Linux knowledge, I'm sure, is
my problem.  Can anyone help me understand how to connect to the Xserver and
get Grass to run in a graphics mode?

Brandon Rice
CADD Technician
brice at burnip.com <mailto:brice at burnip.com>