[winGRASS] Can't start TCLTKGRASS in winGrass with generic version

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Mar 28 11:39:38 EST 2002

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > - my "xtcltk" distribution works quite well with the StarNet XWin
> > Server, its a bit slow. With the XFree86 for cygwin it is unbearable
> > slow and there are some problems with the Server (no localized keyboards
> > by default, 3 buttons mice not emulated with 2 buttons by default etc.).
>
> I found that NVIZ almost works with the "xtcltk" package. The only
> problem is the same one as MacOS: it can't find the "library"
> directories.

I've built Tcl/Tk 8.3.4 from source, and the resulting libraries work
fine with NVIZ. I can provide the compiled version (for general
distribution; no individual requests, please):

-rwxr-xr-x    1 glynn    root      2289326 Mar 28 16:21 xtcltk-8.3.4.tar.gz
-rwxr-xr-x    1 glynn    root      1869972 Mar 28 16:21 xtcltk-8.3.4-man.tar.gz

A couple of hacks were required to the Tcl source:

1. Delete "defined(__CYGWIN__)" from generic/tcl.h

2. Change "timezone" to "_timezone" in generic/tclClock.c