[winGRASS] combine vector and raster operation in grass?

Jeff D. Hamann jeff_hamann at hamanndonald.com
Mon Oct 7 14:23:16 EDT 2002

I'm trying to get/build "polygon" values by combining a raster layer and a
polygon layer to get the number of pixels by polygon (like the arc/info
combine function). I have converted the polygon layer into raster just fine
and that's where I get stuck. How do I perform a combine so that I get a
table that contains the number of pixels from one layer in another. For
example:

taxlot
1
2
3
.
.
.

combined with a raster layer that contains a classified image such that the
resulting "comination" of layers contains the following information:

taxlot, timber_type, n_pixels
1, 3, 45
1, 14, 5
1, 78, 198
2, 5, 987
2, 9, 34
.
.
.
n_taxlots

I hope I've explained the problem enough.

Thanks,
Jeff.