[winGRASS] tcltk problem

Wilhelm "Chip" Kogelmann wjk11 at psu.edu
Fri Apr 4 09:56:08 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm able to run GRASS on cygwin on my XP machine.  Now I have a problem
when I try to start the graphical users interface when I type: tcltkgrass&
at the GRASS prompt.

tcltkgrass begins to start (I can see the boxes come up) but then I get an
error box that says "Error in startup script".  This box contains the
following message:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xwininfo: error: No such window with id 0x501da.
while executing
"exec xwininfo -id [winfo id .w _g]|grep -i Corners"
invoked from within

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks!

Wilhelm Chip Kogelmann
PhD Candidate / GIS Analyst
The Pennsylvania State University