[winGRASS] TCLTK repeat message as list member

Ian Allan iallan at geocode.com.au
Sat Mar 1 02:05:31 EST 2003

Hi

Under win 2000, I have installed cygwin, xfree 86, sunrpc & grass as per

the instructions (ticking each item as ive finished it).

I can login using the "--bash login -i" instruction & start grass using
usr/local/bin/grass. I can even type tcltkgrass& to get tcltkgrass to
start.

My problem is that when I display a monitor, TCLTK freezes & i cannot
select any further options from the tcltk grass menu.The only hint i
have about what the problem might be is that instructions were to
"ensure the official cygwin tcltk package was not installed" & then
install the tcltk stuff from the grass site. I assumed the official
tcltk was not installed because under the cygwin setup program I could
not see tcltk. Did i look in the right spot? I unpacked the xtcltk* file

as instructed anyhow.  Any ideas?

Many thanks

Ian Allan

PS. I have tried to get around the problem by downloading the wingrass
generic file, but every version i download seems to be corrupt