[winGRASS] Re: Installation problems

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Tue Aug 10 12:44:44 EDT 2004

Cees wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, this time I got a little further, but still
> errors
> The X appears in my systray, so the command worked
>
> It seems it cannot open a display after the d.mon x1 command.
>
> Here are two images I made, one from the bash shell text and one of the
> error from the dmon command

So Grass is having trouble with your X-Windows system (both error
messages indicate the same problem). Seems like this is a problem that
others have encountered. I searched the main Grass mailing list for the
words:
    "no socket to connect"
And found a number of messages. Maybe look at:
    http://grass.institutoecos.org.br/grass-list/arq/5698.html
If you can not find a resolution in the mail archives, try posting to
the main Grass list, note that you are running under Cygwin, include the
text of the error message. (You can copy text from the Bash shell into
other windows programs by using your mouse to select the text, then
right-click, which will copy the test to the Windows clipboard).

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com