[winGRASS] my grass can't load monitor or GUI

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Thu Aug 19 08:57:38 EDT 2004

Didit Ahendra wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I am a newbie in grass on windows. I have install CYGWIN in my computer with no error.
> And I just install my GRASS 5.7 in there finely.
> But there is an error if want to start monitor in my grass using d.mon start=x0
>
> wish: not found
> and
> there has failed to start because cygX11-6.dll not found.
>
> would anybody tell me what should I must do with that error?
> thanks for your help before.
>
> regard,
>
> Didit

"wish" is a part of tcltk. You will need to install the tcltk versions
"xtcltk-8.3.4-CYGWIN.tar.gz" from
http://grass.itc.it/grass50/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_xserver/
Do not install Cygwin tcltk.

It also sounds like you need to install X-Windows. Just use Cygwin setup
to do that.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood