[winGRASS] NVIZ on Grass5.3 and 5.7 using binaries

Helmut Muenzing hmc at sflu.com
Thu Oct 28 21:00:52 EDT 2004

Hello list

Recently I installed GRASS 5.7 using the binaries offered at the site. But even
though I used the tcltk provided by Huidae Cho I could not run NVIZ. I think the
binaries are just a bit outdated and thus I shall wait until new binaries will
be available. Any idea when that may happen?

Now I was able to run NVIZ on GRASS 5.3 (also with the binaries provided), but
there are strange things happening:

1.	NVIZ opens well but with the Control Window shrunk to the blue top only.
It cannot be re-sized, though all other windows behave normally. The Control
Window can only be used in full-screen mode.
2.	Surfaces can be displayed very well and behave according to the
controls. However vector files do not show up at all or sporadically only. (I
could not find a logic connection between the sporadical appearance and the
control settings.)

Can anyone enlighten me?

By the way, I am using CYGWIN's X-Window opened with startxwin.bat.

Regards

Helmut Muenzing

hmc at sflu.com