[winGRASS] NVIZ on Grass5.3 and 5.7 using binaries

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 08:51:36 EDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:39:51 -0500, Huidae Cho <grass4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see what's the problem. Most of my grass libraries are *.dll
> but in the binary package these are in *.a format.
> Hmm... I didn't know it. I don't know why the winGRASS team
> built these as static libraries.
>
> Anyway, I'll make static libraries sometime in this weekend and
> package another binary distribution.

I think that support for dynamic libraries was only recently added. I
think the Cygwin binaries being distributed are still some old ones I
built. It would be a great contribution if you made a new binary
distribution. I am sure Markus would be happy to distribute it from
the official GRASS site.

Best regards,
Rich
--