[winGRASS] negative kappa values through r.kappa

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:20:22 EDT 2005

Todd -

I don't have an answer for you. I just wanted to let you know that
this list is not read by the majority of GRASS users, just a few
Windows users. You might be better off posting to the main grass list
for non-windows specific problems.

David

On 7/7/05, Todd Buchanan <trbuchanan at scatcat.fhsu.edu> wrote:
> I recently used r.kappa to produce an error matrix for a Landsat ETM+
> image that I classified.  The classification is right on, but I seem to
> be getting negative kappa values.  Also, %commision and %ommision are
> 100.0%.  Does anyone have suggestions on why kappa values might be
> negative or can anyone help interpret the error matrix?
>
> thanks,
>
> todd

David Finlayson
Marine Geology & Geophysics
School of Oceanography
Box 357940
University of Washington
Seattle, WA  98195-7940
USA

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays