[winGRASS] windows dlls (NOT cygwin dlls)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Oct 18 10:41:40 EDT 2005

Joaquim Luis wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to compile grass in "true" windows.
> What I really want is to have grass.lib(s) that I could use to link
> against (to be developed)
> Matlab C mex files

Various parts of GRASS use Unix functions which don't exist in the
native Win32 API. That's why the Windows version uses Cygwin.

If you want a native Windows version, you'll need to do most of the
work in porting it. Exactly how much work is involved depends upon how
much of GRASS you need to port; some parts will be easier than others.

If you're interested, we'll be happy to provide information and
advice; the developer's list (grass5 at grass.itc.it) would be the best
place to ask.