[winGRASS] Installation issues

Paul Brown pdb.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 13:21:48 EST 2006

I installed the MS-Windows native binary following the directions at
http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html#toc2 and had some problems.

The issue is that wget was unable to download the files from
geni.ath.cx. I downloaded them manually and placed them in the
inst_grass folder and was able to complete the installation
successfully.

I wonder if a similar problem is what caused the errors reported in
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/wingrass/2006-September/000938.html

I don't know why wget would fail where Firefox succeeded, but that
seems to be what happened. If I get some time to do some experimenting
and figure something out, I'll post again.

--
Paul Brown
Peak Power Engineering, Inc.