[winGRASS] grass.bat script for Cygwin GRASS 6.2.2-1

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Thu Aug 30 13:32:46 EDT 2007

Dear list,

Installation instructions at
<http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/mswindows/> say that "there's no
grass.bat script", but (no matter what I try) there is no way for me to
start grass with the recommended cygwin_grass.bat. It just works fine if
there is an X server already started from a previous grass.bat run.

Below you find the error log I have obtained via the following command
    cygwin_grass.bat > c:\cygwin\all_out.txt 2>&1

Any hints appreciated,

Luigi

Cleaning up temporary files.....
Starting GRASS ...
Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't
connect to display "localhost:0"
Error in startup script: dynamic loading is not currently available on
this system
    while executing
"load /usr/local/lib/tk8.4/../libtk8.4.a Tk"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Tk 8.0"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require -exact BWidget 1.2.1"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.2.2/etc/gtcltk/options.tcl" line 15)
    invoked from within
"source $env(GISBASE)/etc/gtcltk/options.tcl"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.2.2/etc/gis_set.tcl" line 29)
Welcome to GRASS 6.2.2 (2007)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               GNU Bash (Cygwin)
(/usr/bin/bash.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface with: gis.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't
connect to display "localhost:0"
Error in startup script: dynamic loading is not currently available on
this system
    while executing
"load /usr/local/lib/tk8.4/../libtk8.4.a Tk"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Tk 8.0"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require -exact BWidget 1.2.1"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.2.2/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 24)