[GRASS-windows] Re: http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Dec 10 03:55:36 EST 2007

On 08/12/07 14:22, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> WxPython is already mentioned as a mapping GUI on native Win in
> the text. Has anyone been able to get this to compile and run
> on native Win (I can report that Cairo is no problem with
> MinGW)?

I tried to run it, but came upon some *nix specific commands which did
not work. I reported it and Martin said he'd work on it, but I haven't
checked since. See
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-gui/2007-November/000639.html

> Other than that, the instructions seem fine to me, as far
> as getting a working native WinGRASS setup quickly is
> concerned.

Yes, the compilation part needs a workover. I hope to find some time to
actually compile myself all the lib packages, as well as tcltk, and then
provide the source code as required by the GPL. But lot's of other
things to do as well...

Moritz