[GRASS-windows] Re: [Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] GRASS DBF driver broken in QGIS 0.9.1 [was: New Installer for Qgis 0.9.1 for Windows]

Jonathan Aguero-Valverde jua130 at psu.edu
Wed Dec 12 09:27:24 EST 2007

Listers,

I can confirm the dbf problem in QGIS/GRASS. I am running QGIS 0.9.0
26.10.2007 build. My OS is Vista but I don't think it matters. I am also
running WINGRASS 6.3RC3 and I got the same problem so something is broken in
winGRASS now. See the error messages for more info. The messages are from
the CLI from within QGIS

    $ db.connect -p
    driver:dbf
    database:$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/
    schema:
    group:
The connection set up looks fine to me, but if you try getting info in a
specific layer:

    $ v.db.connect map=dist2_net3 -c
    Invalid argument: can't _spawnl

    GRASS_INFO_ERROR(260,1): Unable to start driver <dbf>
    GRASS_INFO_END(260,1)

If I try db.describe from winGRASS I get this:

    db.describe -c table=dist2_net3 driver=dbf
{database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/}
    invalid argument: can't _spawnl

    Unable to start driver <dbf>

Jonathan Aguero-Valverde
Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate
Pennsylvania State University
The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
201 Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA 16802
www.personal.psu.edu/jua130