[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Xganim errors in WinGRASS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 17:59:33 EST 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
> > (general call for packagers)
> > It would sure be nice if someone produced a GRASS 6.2.1 Cygwin
> > binary. Currently the most up-to-date binary available for the
> > Cygwin version is 6.1-cvs April 17, 2006. i.e. there is still no
> > stable GRASS 6.2 available for Windows users -- what's the problem?
> > shared libs?
>
> I think this is mainly due to the fact that we are not very far from a
> real native windows version. I think dev efforts should rather be put
> into that.

In the mean time there is not a 100% functional version, or for that
matter any Stable version, available for Windows users- and who knows
how long it will take for the MSys port to be ready? A month? 6? Is it
really much more work to prepare than just a simple compile & .zip using
a clean Cygwin install? It would be nice to release 6.2.1 for Cygwin
regardless of 6.3 native success. Also it helps to isolate bugs by
having two ports to test with, using different methods.

Hamish