[winGRASS] v.db.addcol

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 9 19:58:10 EST 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> I have narrowed down the issue a bit: the problem only occurs with the
> dbf driver, not with postgresql or sqlite. Up to now I have seen that
> inserts and updates do not work.
>
> Will look further.

Found it:

The rename function used to move the temporary dbf file to the correct
filename of the table does not work correctly in windows, as it does not
allow to rename to an existing file:

"The rename function renames the file or directory specified by oldname
to the name given by newname. The old name must be the path of an
existing file or directory. The new name must not be the name of an
existing file or directory"
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zw5t957f(VS.71).aspx)

So we'll need to find another function to use here.

Glynn, any hints ?

Moritz