[GRASS-windows] Re: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-trac] #13: GRASS OGR Module failing

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 9 05:15:35 EST 2008

CC'ing to Jonathan who was the first to report this...

On 08/01/08 03:56, GRASS-trac wrote:
> #13: GRASS OGR Module failing
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  jrobins  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>       Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
>  Component:  default  |     Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:           |    Keywords:  OGR,Cygwin,winGRASS,Tcl/Tk
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
> Changes (by jrobins):
>
>   * keywords:  OGR,Cygwin => OGR,Cygwin,winGRASS,Tcl/Tk
>   * version:  unspecified => svn-trunk
>   * milestone:  => 6.3.0
>
> Comment:
>
>  I also get a similar error in the latest 6.3.svn release (built December
>  14)
>  from the winGRASS project.  After opening the PERMANENT mapset of the
>  spearfish60
>  data, I ran "v.out.ogr input=roads type=line dsn=/shapefiles
>  olayer=Roads".  This
>  generates the following error messages:
>
>  Invalid argument: can't _spawnl
>  ERROR: Unable to start driver <dbf>
>
>  The module then exits.  I ran this from both the text version and Tcl/Tk
>  gui with
>  the same result.  My current Tcl version is 8.4.16.0.282109.

I cannot reproduce this problem, so we will have to find out what is
different in your respective setups from mine.

Could you give me details of how exactly you installed winGRASS ? Do you
also have the cygwin version installed ?

At this stage I have no idea what might be causing this...

Moritz