[GRASS-windows] new user

maab Bahjat maabmm at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 21:01:17 EST 2008

Hi,
I am a new user for GRASS. i have three questions:

 1- i am installing it in windows XP platform. i followed instruction  provided in this site http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass62/binary/mswindows/#icon
but  after i finished installing it, i could not start either cygwin nor the  GRASS.
When i run the batch file cygwin.bat or cygwin_grass.bat
it gives  me the following message
bash is not recognized as an internal or external  command.

 2- another thing is that in same site i used instruction on installation,  it says "add this to the end of ~/.bashrc :" what does that mean? i add a code  where? which file i add code to ?

 3- Actually i would like to explore the map generation feature? can you  guide me on how i should do this?

Thank You

Maab M  Mustafa