[GRASS-windows] using R with windows native installer GRASS 6.3

darren norris doon75 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:29:56 EDT 2008

Dear all,

Looking for "getting started" type help.

I am using GRASS 6.3.0 (windows native installer) on vista. I want to run R
in GRASS and can't understand how to do it.

Can anyone explain how to use R (I have the appropriate packages) within
this GRASS set up. I have tried typing R into a GRASS command line
(-accessed from the ADD COMMAND LINE button), nothing. No idea if it's
connected or not or how to add the code I need, whether the command line is
working or not.

Answers for an idiot would be a great help (e.g. push x button then type y).

I have looked through the online docs by Roger Bivand and Markus Neetler but
can't see any guide for the windows native implementation showing how to run
R from within GRASS - I have seen code examples but not where / how to
actually type the code which is my main problem! Also can't find any
tutorials etc either in GRASS or R online docs (I can only access freely
available online pdf's - I'm part of a conservation NGO and have no
institutional access to journals / books etc).

Many thanks,

Darren