[GRASS-windows] Large file support?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 29 11:27:16 EDT 2008

I remember having problems with LFS and GDAL when we were compiling
starspan for windows use (starspan.casil.ucdavis.edu) -- I'll ask our
lead programmer about that.  We used to have to use:

    export CPPFLAGS=-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
    export CXXFLAGS=-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
    export CFLAGS=-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

to get GDAL to compile with LFS correctly, although we haven't used that
for a long time.

Unfortunately, its going to be difficult to get you a 7gb file -- is
there any easy way to make a test image in GRASS with random values?  If
so, you could export it to ENVI format via r.out.gdal and then re-import
it via r.in.gdal.

The file system is definitely ntfs -- I routinely use > 4gb files
through ENVI on these same systems.

Again, has *anyone* besides me performed a > 4gb import via r.in.gdal in
grass windows recently that can confirm/deny this issue?  This would
isolate the problem to *me* rather than taking up everyone's valuable
time thinking its a generic problem!

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD