[GRASS-windows] elevation data error?

Simon Watkins handymanorama at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 04:27:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

New to GRASS, and running native 6.3.0 on windows Vista.

I have downloaded some finished 3 arc sec SRTM data from the National Map
Seamless Server in both GeoTIFF and ArcGRID format, however I am having
troule in getting it to display as 3D.  I imported it via r.in.gdal and this
seemed to work, however when I first load the layer it shows in the map
display as a single colour block.  Clicking 'Map display fills window' seems
to show the raster properly, however NVIZ still displays nothing.
Use of the profile tool gives the error 'elevation range for selected raster
is zero', and the query tool outputs '(Lat)|(Long)| |211' for any cell.  The
r.info module shows a data type of FCELL and the correct map area and range
of data.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated,

Simon.