[GRASS-windows] R: [GRASS-user] WinGRASS: Test Build on Vista

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue Jun 17 04:55:07 EDT 2008

Hi John,

thanks for your help.

>However, as someone new to Grass, my knowledge is not great.  Using
>the print button on the map display, I'm having trouble reproducing
>in a file what I see on the screen

did you correctly set the region with g.region? Config -> Region -> Change region settings: I suggest you to set the region to match the desired map; you can also specify multiple maps or, if needed, zoom in the map display to the desired region and save it through the command "Save display extents to named region" (select this command in the map display window; it's one of the options given by the "Zoom to..." icon); this done, set the region (with g.region) to match this named region (in g.region GUI: "Set current region from named region").

>Can you point me at relevant documentation to read to try to sort
>this out please?

try here: http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Help

Hope this helps,

Marco